Infrastructure – Facilities
• Excimer laser (157, 193, 248 nm)
• Nd:YAG laser (1.06 μm, 532, 355 nm)
(the two laser systems are actively synchronized in a broad time range)
• A VIS/UV tunable dye laser with wavelength harmonic and mixing crystals
• An all-purpose, differentially-pumped high vacuum chamber (Ø65 x 50 cm)
• Vacuum-compatible, high temperature ovens (home-made)
• A 120 cm long, home-made, time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectrometer
• A 200 MHz transient recorder (LeCroy)
• A VIS-UV Optical Multichannel Analyser (OMA III) (1k linear diode array)
• High vacuum pumping stations with periphery
• Electronic signal processors (Boxcars, Lock-ins) and pC-based data acquisition systems
• Optoelectronic instrumentation (PM-tubes, fast photocell) and power supplies
• Various optical elements and components
• Various electronic instrumentation (for signal generation, measure and processing)
Research platforms under operation
• Pulsed-Laser Deposition (PLD) system for semi-conducting metal oxide thin films.
2015: upgrade of the PLD platform with a LN2 cold trap for MAPLE applications.
• Test chamber for optimization of metal oxide thin film-based chemo-electrical gas sensors.
• Laser-induced Breakdown VIS/UV Spectrometer for elemental analysis of biological, environmental and industrial samples